Friday, June 09, 2006

Nothin' Much...

Kiddo and I went to the grocery store this evening and the very nice manager asked, "Would Mommy (referring to me, of course) mind if I gave him (referring to Kiddo, of course) a balloon?" I replied, "Of course not, thank you! Can you say 'Yes please!' Kiddo?" Kiddo says, "Yes, please!" as quietly as he can and yet still somehow making himself heard. At this point, Nice Manager disappears, and returns about 2 minutes later with a large balloon all tied appropriately to a white curling ribbon. Kiddo says, "Oooooh! A balloon!" I say, "That's right! Can you say 'Thank you!'?" Kiddo says, "Thank you!" Nice Manager ties the balloon to the cart (because Kiddo won't let him tie it to his wrist), we finish paying for our items, and exit the store. They are a nice bunch of people over there! Not necessarily the nicest store in the city, but definitely the friendliest! I'll take you there if you ever come visit...wouldn't that be nice? Anyway - back to my point. Somehow, between store and home the white curling ribbon became separated from the balloon. I, of course, was not aware that this had happened and managed to let the balloon go when we were getting out of the car. I pretended like I'd done it on purpose and made a big show of watching the balloon float way high up in the air - but mostly so Kiddo wouldn't cry. He's been saying, "Where'd it go?" and "Better go get it." ever since. I can't seem to get it across to him that it's really gone and we can't get it back. Now he's eaten a good dinner, is currently playing with the cars I purchased for him at the grocery store (yes, I'm a softie) and has no idea that I'm about 2 minutes away from plunking him in bed. And by the way, we're going to...er...another part of the state for the weekend and therefore I will not be able to post again until Sunday or Monday night. Hopefully I'll be full of fresh stories and musings by that time. May the sun be with you! Have a great weekend! TTFN JMS P.S.: Check out Arbonne! I'm really excited about this stuff.

No comments: