Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Poetry of Alliteration

"Hubby Was Weed Wacking While We Walked!" Gee...aren’t I clever? Oh, Good Grief! Kiddo got him a weed eater thingamajig for Father’s Day and he finally got an opportunity to try it out tonight. Anyway - tonight while we were walking (really) Kiddo said, "Go see Grandma & Grandpa!" It made me pause. He’s got a Gammy (in SC), a Nani (VA), a Grandpa (in CT), and a Papaw & Mamaw (in TN) - but no one close enough that he would request a visit to them in that way. I thought about it for a while longer, then stopped the stroller, put it in "park", got in front of him and asked, "Bug, (that's my name for him) do you mean Theresa & Mario?" "Ok..." Says he, excitedly. So we went next door to visit, and as I explained the story to Theresa, she said, "Oh, I guess we’ve been adopted! I think I can take it." I wonder if it’s possible for Kiddo to love them as much as I do! We have truly lucked out in the New Neighbor department; if only everyone could have neighbors like them - no one would build fences! TTFN JMS

No comments: