Thursday, December 28, 2006

Didja think I was dead?

I'm most definitely still alive, almost 30 weeks pregnant and feeling every bit of it! Life has been...well, let's just say chaotic...for the last few months. I can't believe how long it's been since I've updated this blog! Oh...my poor adoring fans. (Yes, you can feel free to shoot me if you desire.) The baby's due date is March 12th 2007. That's 10 weeks from this coming Monday. I can't believe it. I'm very round, nothing fits, my hips are killing me, and I'm constantly being pummeled from the inside. Heartburn has moved in as a permanent resident, along with sleepless nights. I think the sleeplessness is simply getting me prepared for our new addition and reminding me that it is possible to survive (or, function) on little to no sleep. Kiddo has been very good...except when he hasn't been. He's started the terrible 3's (a bit early) because I think he missed out on the terrible 2's. Screaming temper tantrums are becoming the norm and we're on constant watch for the signs that one is on the horizon. He's absolutely impossible to deal with at those times and the best we can do (though this is still a learning process) is dump him in his bed and let him scream it out. You ever try reasoning with a 2 year old? It's not possible...and I still attempt it every time! What am I thinking? We had a wonderful Christmas and though we vacated my poor Mother's house a day earlier than planned - I think she was secretly glad we were gone. She was fighting bronchitis and feeling miserable. I think we were more of a hassle than a help and she was able to get some rest when we drove out at 2:30 PM on Christmas day in the pouring rain. She would never admit to our being in the way or at all a pain to be around, but I do think she was glad to have some quiet time. I'm done traveling, though. I know it's going to sound crabby and harsh, but I'm so tired of traveling all over creation for the holidays and would really love to wake up in my own bed on Christmas morning for once. I would also really love for Kiddo (and his new baby brother or sister) to be able to wake up in their own beds, too. That's not happened once in the 3 years Kiddo has celebrated Christmas with us. Maybe next year I'll get a real, too. Kiddo likes the little 3 foot table-top tree we have, but I miss the smell of a real tree permeating my house during the holidays. I hope your Christmas was wonderful and that your New Year is a happy one! TTFN, JMS

No comments: