Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Benign!

Yep. I'm very relieved. The nurse called me yesterday to say that the biopsy results came back and they were all benign. NO CANCER!!! I admit I was a bit more worried than I thought I was, but now I'm just glad it's over. The doctor wants me to come back in 6 months (around August) for another ultrasound, performed in their office, by their technician. They may also do another biopsy at that time, just to determine if anything has changed. Otherwise, there is no urgency to have my thyroid removed, and for that, I am extremely grateful! I'll probably have it removed at some point anyway, simply because a 4cm mass is not really supposed to be in one's thyroid, and I don't like it there. But it's healthy and functioning normally! Thank you all for all your thoughts, kind words, and prayers! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Super yay :-)