Friday, May 02, 2008

“Why I oughtta...!”

On Wednesday, I came home from work to find that Kiddo had a splinter in the side of his right hand. He told me he just wanted his body to take care of it. (?) I suggested to him that because it looked kind of red, maybe we should try to get it out so it didn’t get infected. This was exactly the wrong thing to say. He fought me tooth and nail, screaming at the top of his lungs like we were trying to kill him, until Hubby had the foresight to wrap him up in a towel with just the one hand sticking out. (Just as one might wrap up a thrashing cat who knows he’s about to get dumped in a carrier and taken to the vet – to avoid injury to both self, and cat.) This idea was good, in theory, but in reality Hubby still had to sit on top of him to hold him down so I could pluck the splinter out. The actual “operation” took 30 seconds and “Ping!” out came the splinter. Though still whimpering and teary-eyed, Kiddo said to me, “Oh...that wasn’t too bad!” TTFN JMS

No comments: