Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Impatience

I can't stand it! This week is taking FOREVER!!! I guess that happens when you're getting ready for a vacation, but this week is creeping along like molasses in wintertime! Ugh. It's only Wednesday! Vacation! Vacation! Vacation! I haven't really been crazy excited about it until today, and suddenly, once all the plans finally fell into place, I'm nuts. I'm making lists of things to get, stuff to bring, looking at maps for directions... We're not going to the same place we've gone for the last two years, we're going somewhere new. A place that neither Hubby nor I have been before. We're headed to Tybee Island outside of Savannah, GA, to spend 6 days in a 2 bedroom condo on the water!!! My baby sister, HB (YAY!!! My baby sister!!!) and her Hubby are coming up for one night. Granted, it's not a long visit, but since I haven't seen her in 8 years (since my wedding in September 2000), and I haven't met her Hubby (though I've talked to him often), and she hasn't met my kids (though she has talked to them often) I'm going to satisfy myself with the short visit. I think I'm honestly more excited about the prospect of seeing my sister than I am about the actual vacation. Not that I'm not excited about the vacation, because I am, and I know how much time and effort Hubby has put into making this a nice getaway for us, but the anxiousness and the pull on my heart that I'm feeling comes from the love for my sister. I honestly am so keyed up right now that I'm having a hard time writing. Me...can you believe it!? I'm supposed to write a book review for a newsletter (business-related, for the office) and I am completely blank on what to write - though I think I have chosen the book I'm going to review. Beggars in Spain, by Nancy Kress. Anyway - I guess I'll go now. I'll try to write again tomorrow. Maybe I'll have calmed down by then! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Have a nice time! Say hi to H. for me. Brother John told he has seen her recently and she's doing well.

I love you, UB (aka thebobster)