Monday, September 08, 2008

Sunday, Busy Sunday

Yesterday was busy. Good, but busy. I should have cloned myself - though I'm not sure that would have made it any less hectic. Up early with the kiddos, got them breakfasted and dressed for church. Charlie wore a pair of jean shorts, a soft, yellow, polo shirt with a collar, and his new "fast" shoes, as he calls them. They're little green, black and silver New Balance sneakers we got on sale at Hammer's in Clinton and he loves them. I love them because they actually fit him. He's been in need of new shoes for a while now. Little Bit wore an adorable navy blue top that her Aunt B got for her. It buttons up the front and has an A-line, with little embroidered flowers on the front. She wore it with a pair of little pink capris and her white sandals. So cute! With her new hair cut, she was a vision with blue eyes! At church, I'd agreed to teach the 1st and 2nd grade Sunday school class because they were short teachers this weekend. I knew that I would have to forgo the Young Adults Marriage class Hubby and I had planned to attend, so we split the duties. He went to the Marriage class and I went to teach the little kiddos. About half-way through class (mine), one of the ladies (I'll call her Mrs. C) came into my class and kicked me out saying that I should go to the Marriage class and she'd take over in the Sunday School class for me. So I went to the second half of the Marriage class - which was basically an introduction to what we'd be covering and to receive the book. I'm expecting it should be fun! Then church services from 11-12. Then lunch with my friend DS. We went to Red Lobster and enjoyed the most wonderful lobster, shrimp, asparagus, linguine creation ever! I'm sure I smelled like Garlic for the rest of the night! Then after lunch, DS and I went to a play at the ORPH - Wait Until Dark. It was a wonderful production and very, very well acted. The girl who played the lead did an incredible job! Audrey Hepburn (herself - I adore her) played the lead in the movie back in 1967! This movie was utterly terrifying and the play version I saw on Sunday did a wonderful job conveying the terror that Suzie (the lead) was feeling the entire time. There were a couple folks in the audience who were screaming and crying, almost hyperventilating, during some of the more superbly intense moments. All in all, a very entertaining production! I guess that's it for now. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! TTFN JMS

No comments: