Friday, October 17, 2008

Ah...back to Craig's List I go

What is it with me and random, stupid accidents? Now, before you panic and think something happened to me, it did...sort of...but indirectly. And no BODY was hurt. I have been searching Craig's List for curtains for our bedroom for about a month now. Kind of on a mission to do something, anything, with our room rather than leave it like it is. My HGTV sensibility is being overwhelmed and I need to help not only the room, but myself. So I found a set of curtains (for 2 windows) that I really liked and made arrangements with the owner to come get and pay for them. Today (Wednesday) I called the woman at her office and said, "I'm on my way! I'll be there in about 10 minutes!" She was thrilled and said she'd go out to her car and get them so they would be ready when I got there. So, in the 10 minutes it took me to get from my office to hers, she'd gotten the curtains out of her car, brought them into her office, draped them over the copier to keep them out of the way (she works in a dental office...) and one edge of one of the drapes got caught in the automatic paper shredder. Needless to say, I did not wind up buying the curtains from her. Although, I am extremely disappointed (because they were gorgeous, and hand-made, and came with the rods) I understand completely how these things happen. Still sucks, though! Thought I'd share. TTFN JMS

No comments: