Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On the Planet of Wednesday

Heh. I heard that (the post title) on talk radio this morning from the weather guy - of all people. I thought it was funny and, though it doesn't really describe anything about this post - I considered it a perfect title for one of my random blog attempts. Bear with me, OK? Yesterday (Tuesday) started out just fine, but by the time the afternoon rolled around, the salad I'd eaten for lunch had begun to seriously irritate my innards. I was sick. Oh, man - was I sick. I won't give you any gross visuals to carry with you throughout the rest of your day, but suffice it to say that I went home early. Well, only 15 minutes early. I don't remember the drive home. I was in such pain and so completely exhausted from fighting against trying to be ill that I've mentally pushed the drive into temporary amnesia. (Does that make sense?) I walked into the house, put my stuff down, and said to Hubby, "I'm going to lie down for 30 minutes." Then I took my fully-clothed self into the bedroom and was asleep before I even hit the pillow. I was completely unaware for exactly 30 minutes until Hubby brought Little Bit into the room and she squealed her excitement at seeing me there - which, of course, woke me up. I dragged my sorry backside out of the warm comfort of my bed and Hubby left for work. I made a valiant attempt at a balanced meal for the kids. Hot dogs wrapped in Pillsbury crescent rolls with cheese, green beans (from a can) and mandarin oranges (from a can). They both ate very well and didn't give me any trouble. Little Bit picked all the crescent roll from the hot dog and ate only the hot dog, but she went to town on the green beans and the oranges. Kiddo ate all of his hot dog and crescent roll, beans and oranges and then ate some of Hubby's when he got home, too. After Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go, both kids went to bed with little to no trouble. Then, I popped The Princess Bride into the DVD player in the bedroom and was asleep before Buttercup was "kidnapped" by Vizzini and his henchmen. This was approximately 8:30PM. I don't remember anything else until Hubby shook me awake at 6:30 this morning. Oh - and it's frikkin' cold this morning. I'm going to have to switch cars with Hubby again and drive the Taurus to work again during the cold months. I would hate for the kids (and Hubby, too, of course) to be riding around in an unheated car; we still haven't gotten the heat fixed on it. Well, I guess that's all for now. We've got Trunk or Treat at church tonight, so the kids get to dress up and have some fun. I hope I'm happier about it this year than I was last year. Of course, my happiness is not the issue here - it's the kids' happiness. TTFN JMS

No comments: