Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rant... New Car? Rant...

I'm bothered by something, but I think I'm probably the only one that is bothered by it. The issue is that, though it bothers me and I really want to talk about it, I can't do it here because I don't want it to get back to the person who said the thing that bothered me to begin with. I would love to get opinions from friends and family to find out if I'm just reacting badly to this, or if my level of "upset" is unwarranted. This person has known me my ENTIRE LIFE and I never, in a million years, would have ever thought this person could say something like this. It almost makes me want to rethink everything they have ever said to me, taught to me, or commented on. Is this person as shallow and ignorant as the offending statement sounds or was it just a one-time honest thing that made me see more deeply and clearly into who this person is? Ugh. I hate not being able to go into detail so I think it's time to change the subject. I might - REPEAT: MIGHT - be getting a new (old) car. I think I'm excited about this and am honestly not even sure why. Yesterday, Hubby drove a 1982 Volvo 242, 2 door, standard shift with an after-market CD player. It is currently on Craig's List and seems to be a good little car. The guy who owns it (I'm guessing he's the owner) also runs a mechanic shop in town that specializes in Volvo repairs. (This is not Our Favorite Mechanic, just to clarify.) This guy said that he would be willing to trade for the 1990 240 Volvo Wagon we have sitting (and slowly rotting) in our backyard. Trade our old wagon for an old 2-door sedan that has WORKING HEAT & AIR and a SPEEDOMETER that actually tells me how fast I am going? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I'll let you know what happens. And, on one last subject: Can someone please tell me why it is so hard it is to wash one's hands after one uses the restroom? Water, soap, scrub vigorously, rinse, dry. Seems pretty uncomplicated, if you ask me. TTFN JMS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's just about getting it out and off the chest. Glad you did...

Anonymous said...

And I'd like to add that the last word verification for leaving you a comment was exichicken.

What is that, exactly?
It's not on my word-a-day...

Anonymous said...

Uh...
and
Dont get TOO excited about the 242 eh.

G. B. Miller said...

It's good that you're being cautious about not being specific with your rant.

That said, good luck with getting the new (old) car.

Been there and owning a car that is less than 10 years old is a very refreshing change of pace.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope whatever was bothering you is resolved quickly. I will say a little prayer for you!

On a related vehicle subject, my husband is selling his harley to someone on ebay. I never even knew they sold vehicles on ebay! Houses too! Learned something new today. = )

Hope it all works out!
Hugs ~ Claudia

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm laughing at Pearls' comment about her word verication being "exichicken". LOL! That is hilarious. I think I might use that tomorrow when I get mad at someone. You stinkin' exichicken, out of my way!! ha