Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thankgiving to Christmas: Call me a Non-Depressed Mommy!

You know what I'm going to do tonight? I'm going to eat wonderful turkey dinner leftovers from last night (Hubby fried a turkey last night because he didn't get to do it on Thursday for Thanksgiving...), cranberry salad, sweet potato casserole etc... YUM! Then know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna clean up and rearrange the living room so we can accommodate our Christmas Tree! I want to find a fresh, real wreath for the front door... Hmmm...I can almost smell those spruce cuttings now! (Speaking of smelling stuff...I keep getting a whiff of wintergreen mint in the hallway at my office. It's driving me nuts because I cannot figure out where it's coming from!) Hubby is working late tonight, so I thought that the kids and I could put on some loud and jazzy Christmas music and go to town. They'll probably dance and run around while I do the work, but I'm sure they'll want to help some... Anyway - I'm actually looking forward to Christmas this year. Usually it's a very difficult time for me and I get horribly depressed. But Hubby said something the other day that was like the proverbial slap in the face (he did NOT, repeat NOT actually slap me). He said, "Just remember, it's for the kids." And he's right. So this year, I will be all about the kids, making sure Christmas is fun for them and that they have a happy, non-depressed mommy. I guess I just need to start thinking about some gifts so there's something under the tree on Christmas morning, eh? TTFN JMS PS: WOW! I just re-read that post. Boy, was it random or what?

No comments: