Thursday, April 21, 2011

K-Mart with an attitude problem?

I was trying to be so good; really making an attempt to keep up with my blog on a more consistent basis. I guess THAT didn't work, considering that it's been 22 days since my last post. (I feel like I've just confessed an unpardonable sin...and no, I'm not Catholic; not that it matters.)

Either that or I've gone to some kind of "Bloggers Anonymous" meeting. BA. "Hello, my name is Jennifer and it's been 22 days since my last post."

Sheesh.

So what have I been up to for the last 22 days? Frankly I'm not sure where to begin, because though I'm sure something interesting and blog-worthy has happened, I'm drawing a blank on what it could be. Although (and I don't know if I've already posted this way back when) I did give up all forms of soda for Lent. Beginning on Ash Wednesday, which was March 9th - and I haven't had any soda at all. Which quite honestly is saying something because for me it is almost a nectar of the gods. It wasn't quite as bad as giving up smoking (which I STILL crave to this day nearly 12 years later) but it was pretty bad.

Kiddo and Little Bit, as I said to my friend LN last night, constantly amaze and inspire me. They lead me to be a better person - though sometimes it is, admittedly, difficult. Last night was difficult, for example. What started out as an attempt to do something fun with the kids wound up being a struggle not to strangle one of them (specifically my older male offspring) in the middle of K-Mart. But God told me, in his way, that murdering my child, in front of so many witnesses no less, is probably not the best way to deal with the behavior issues being displayed by my beloved son and that I should probably just go home, get him settled in for bed early, and let him sleep off the attitude. (Wow! What a badly-constructed sentence...I should be ashamed.) Which is exactly what we did.

Little Bit was tired, too - so she went to bed and fell asleep almost right away.

Then I read a bit and then it was lights-out for me as well.

TTFN JMS

No comments: