Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The Ten Percent

I was listening to the radio as I usually do on my early-morning commute to the office, and they were talking about the local elections that were held just the day before.  I don't have the exact numbers, but they were saying how of the 270,000 registered voters in the county, only ten percent showed up to vote.  That means that ninety percent stayed at home, or wherever, that day.

The host was all fired up about this.  His thoughts were that if you are going to complain about what you don't like with regard to local government, then you have no argument if you don't vote. For what it's worth, I agree with him.

You cannot say you want something, push for it, fight about it, complain about it, argue about it - whatever - and then do nothing to make a change.  Voting is one thing you can do to make change and folks, I'm very sorry, but if you don't vote, you have no right to complain.

Just my two cents.

(Stepping carefully down from my soap box.)

TTFN
JMS

No comments: