Monday, June 09, 2014

Thank you!

Ah…the moment when you realize that the thing you’ve been preparing for, for months and months and months, is over.  And then that other moment when you realize that you’re so tired you can’t really enjoy it!  LOL! 

What I mean to say is that Vacation Bible School at my church is now officially completed for 2014 and, though I am exhausted, I have nothing but good things to say!

I had an excellent (truly excellent) team behind me.  It would be nearly impossible to call them all out, but let me touch on a few:

Richard.  You headed up crafts for the second year in a row and did an amazing job.  Your entire team, without exception, came to me to let me know how well organized, fun, and creative you are and how they were proud to have been on your team. 

Emmily.  Your culinary creations are always sure to please, and this year was no exception.  You and your kitchen crew seriously rocked it…again! 

Paul.  My sound guy!  Thank you for microphones and music and putting up with my indecision with a smile and a goofy hashtag!  #youareawesome!

Patty.  The party.  Ah – what can I say about the closing celebration and party except that it was, as always, another resounding success.  You never cease to amaze me.  You and your entire team are to be commended for giving the kids just one more reason why VBS at Kern is the best in town!

Ashley.  Music is alway so much fun, and you make it even more so!  The kiddos absolutely adore you, and I do, too!  Thank you for making our Tribal Tunes awesome!  Something about hashtags needs to go here, too!  How about I copy Paul's: #youareawesometoo

Debbie.  I couldn’t do this without you.  I truly could not.  You are the glue that binds me together when I am about to come apart at the seams.  You are the needle and thread that sews up all my frayed edges.  You are the iron that smooths out all my wrinkles (and not the ones that are on my face).  You are the cheese!  (I just wanted to say that.  You aren’t really cheese.  Cheese-y, maybe, but not cheese.)

Tom. Who knew that Moses would be so popular?  You have an innate way of engaging kids and making them understand difficult, Biblical concepts in a fun way.  I see it every year, Plunger Man.  You rock!

Jamie.  You are my other half.  My better half.  The person I can count on when everything else is going wrong.  Thank you for your help and your constant trust in me.  I love you!

My Group Guides, all twenty-something of you, were SPOT ON!  THANK YOU!  We couldn’t have had such a successful VBS without you!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you – all of you! 

Normally, I would sign of with my usual TTFN JMS – but I think today requires something…more.

How about:

I love you all!
Jennifer

No comments: