Saturday, November 07, 2015

Ten Things I Love Today

In the past 6 months or so, I've started following Ree Drummond's blog, The Pioneer Woman.  She's fun, funny, and uplifting.  She is an animal lover who also has great taste in food and housewares and, probably, tchotchkes.  (I just like that word.)  I'm quite enjoying myself, thank you very much.

Anyway, she posted Ten Things I Love Today, which made me grin like the madwoman I am, only more Cheshire Cat like.  I swear, my cheeks hurt.  Make sure you check out what Ree loves, but in the meantime, here are Ten Things I Love Today.  They may be different than the ten things I will love tomorrow, but I love them - in no particular order - today.

~~ ONE ~~

My kiddos.  Though I suppose I could count them as two, I won't.  They are the absolute lights of my life.  They are my reason for getting up each morning.  They are the reason I work so hard and the reason I know such enormous, all-encompassing love.

~~TWO~~

Hubby.  He's equal parts funny and foolish and fun.  He is half grizzly bear and half honey-loving, tummy-tickling, sweet-voiced Pooh Bear.  (I hope he doesn't smack me for that.)  He's whiskery and wiry and somewhat Sasquatch-like.  He is an excellent daddy and a great outdoors man, though he'd probably disagree with me, and I luv him.

~~THREE~~

Cats.  Their do-it-yourself-no-I-want-to-help-no-leave-me-alone-no-I-want-your-attention-no-wait-maybe-not ways.

~~FOUR~~

Dogs.  Their I-LOVE-YOU-YOU'RE-THE-BEST-THING-I'VE-EVER-SEEN-SINCE-BREAKFAST-OOOH!-BREAKFAST-IS-THAT-A-BALL-SQUIRREL! ways.

~~FIVE~~

Wine.  I admit it - I love a good glass of wine after a long day.  I don't drink every day, though sometimes I might like to.  For the longest time, I preferred an ice-cold white wine.  A Pinot Grigio or a Chardonnay, or even a Riesling when I want something a tad sweeter, but lately reds have been winning.  Not sure where this is going but...wine.

~~SIX~~

Cheese and crackers.  And hummus.  Oh, and maybe pita bread, too.  Ooooh!  Bread in general.  Wait, I got distracted.  What were we talking about again?

~~SEVEN~~

My girls.  Kit and Stacy and Beth and Kasi.  We shall grow old together, make fools of ourselves, and wear hot pink when the dress code clearly said black.  They are the ones who understand me perfectly when the words which come out of my mouth are exactly what they were when they were in my head - with no filter.  And further, they are not offended.

~~EIGHT~~

Music.  Of just about any kind, except the random stuff I don't like.  Nine Inch Nails to Helen Reddy and just about everything in between.  Today, I am singing a medley of tunes from Disney's The Little Mermaid and am perfectly happy with my inner iPod on shuffle.

~~NINE~~

My blankie.  Yes, you heard me right.  I am 40-something years old and I still sleep with a blankie.  My daughter and I sometimes argue over who it really belongs to, but it's mine, I say!  Mine!  It's a thrift-store blankie and it's pink (which is really not my color) but it's soft and reminds me of easier times.  It makes me go, "Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh....." at the end of a long day.

~~TEN~~

This blog, and the, like, five people who actually read it unless I force them to.  I am not sure if I could function without this blog as an outlet for my weird.  This blog has allowed me to get things off my chest that no one else (except possibly my above-mentioned girls) would listen to or care about.  I love that this is a place where I can legitimately say what is on my mind, know my opinion is my own, and not have any expectations about differences of opinion.

Which I guess brings this post to a close.  My Ten are definitely not as interesting as Ree's Ten, but then we are not the same person and her loves are not my loves, and mine are not hers.  Wait, I think I got confused again.  I'm so glad it's Friday (as I write) and the weekend is upon me.

TTFN
JMS

No comments: