Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Holiday stress

Ah, the holiday season.  High spirits.  Good intentions.  Lights.  Trees.  Decorations.  Egg nog.  Fruit cake.  Shopping.  Crowds.  Bad traffic/drivers.  A frenzy of me, me, me, mine, mine, mine.  I tend to avoid the high-intensity, crowded shopping part of it at all costs, so I go on off-times, when stores are more likely to be busy, but not insane.  I really hate shopping, so I go with a list of stuff I already know I am looking for so I can get in, get out, and get on with my life.

The shopping part of things, thankfully, isn't where my stress is.  My stressors are getting my living room picked up and getting my tree put up and figuring out whose house we're going to on which day or night of the season, and figuring out how to get stuff out of my friend's basement which I temporarily stored there but which I have no room for in my own home.  This removal of stuff needs to happen before Christmas, so this, on top of the usual holiday stress, has me - quite literally - tearing my hair out.

I need to find an inexpensive storage place.  A local one, preferably.  And I need to borrow someone's truck so I can move stuff to it.  AND, I need to find the extra money to pay for it all.  I wish I could say, "Screw it," and just handle it after the holiday season is over, but that's not what needs to happen.

Anyway - I'll figure it out.  I always do. 

I guess I just needed to vent.

Thanks for listening...whoever you are.

TTFN
JMS

No comments: