Friday, December 09, 2016

A rare and wondrous thing

I have these tiny, fly-away hairs that grow near my ears. (No, not in my ears, thank you very much.) Like sideburns on men, only...well...not. At this point, they're just long enough to make it possible for me to tuck them behind my ears, but not long enough so they'll stay in place without the aid of a bobby pin.  Bobby pins don't work in my hair - they slip and slide around - so that option is out. These bothersome things are also not long enough to stay in place when I put my hair back into a ponytail, so they stick out - like ridiculous, frizzy wings - on the side of my head. I hate them. I've had this struggle my entire life so you'd think, by now, I'd either be used to it, or have given up caring; neither of which is the case. I've tried cutting them - and when I kept my hair short this was mostly OK - but that doesn't really work when my hair is long because short sideburns with long hair just looks...dumb.

Today, I'm having a decent hair day.  A rare occurrence.  But there are still these things which make a perfect hair day impossible.

Sigh.

The struggle is real.

TTFN
JMS

PS: A quick reminder: Since I don't post this nonsense real time, "Today" could mean several days ago.  "The other day" could be last year.  Time is sort of wibbly wobbly here.  These are not the droids you are looking for.  Oh...whoops.  I'm mixing my movies and TV shows up again.  

No comments: