Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot...

I’d be willing to bet that you probably have a friend or an acquaintance who lives close enough so you could walk to their house should you want to - but you never do, right? I’ve got an acquaintance, I’ll call her "Jo Slinger" because she’s newly associated with a very well-known coffee chain, who lives just up the street from me. I became acquainted with her about 2 years ago when she worked for another very well-known company that "slings" overnight packages and when I worked for...er...double-M-you-know-whatsis. (If you don’t know, you’re honestly not missing anything, and if you do know, I'm SO sorry. I’m certainly not missing anything except 3.5 years of misery and a few good friends.) Well tonight, Kiddo and I took a walk up the street and as we passed her house I decided to stop by for a quick hello. It was so nice to see her! She looks great, and like the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders. I guess it’s quitting the job from you-know-where that makes the difference, eh? Don't I know it! Jo - it really was good to see you! Let’s keep in touch, OK? ½ mile or no ½ mile. TTFN JMS

No comments: