Thursday, February 08, 2007

My New LiveJournal - Good Idea or Bad Idea? (Originally posted February 8, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL I thought after trying to manage that online blog for almost a year, that I'd attempt something I might be able to do both from home AND the office...when I'm on my own time, that is. I'm hoping that this will be user-friendly as well as viewer-friendly - so I'm going to need as much feedback as possible from those of you who read this. I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant at this point and am frankly just ready for it to be over. I'm praying, however, that I'll be able to get past the 36th week so that the pregnancy will be considered full-term. I really do not want to go through the "having-a-preemie" thing again...that was SO scary! I do know that this baby is already heavier than Kiddo was when he was born. He was born at 34 weeks (pregnant) and was 4lbs 6.8ozs - this one is at almost 36 weeks and just about 6lbs!!! How's that for comparison? Hubby and I are diligently working on getting the living room cleaned and organized (very slow process) to accommodate our new little one. As our house is only 760 sq. ft. the living room seems to be the best and only place to put Little Bit. We had a lovely baby shower a week ago this past Sunday thrown for us by the Chancel Choir at our church. It was such a wonderful experience and we are so grateful to everyone for their thoughtfulness and generosity. I hadn't really expected a shower at all, because of this being the 2nd baby, but as one of the ladies put it, "Well, we love 2nd babies, too!". Kiddo is sick with a low-grade fever and vomiting so we were up last night cleaning up and comforting him. I think he was more scared than anything because he'd never thrown up before. At least not that he'd ever remember. He was upset that his blankets got dirty and at 3:30 in the morning, we were washing blankets and jammies and stuff so he'd understand that they could get clean again. He's better this morning - fever even lower if not completely normal - but even though he's acting more himself, I can tell he's still not feeling well. I'm going to stop for now. Please let me know what you think of the LiveJournal thing... TTFN JMS

No comments: