Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Addiction (Originally posted April 24, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL Hello, my name is Jennifer and I’m addicted to Coca-cola. It surprises me that they don’t have a 12-step program for this; I’ve looked and they don’t have anything like CCAA – Coca-Cola Addicts Anonymous. I know I need to cut down or quit all together, but every time I want something to drink, my mind automatically goes to Coke...as does my hand when it reaches for the door of the cooler at the “Git-n-Go”. Sigh - tall...ice cold...Coke! I can’t (or rather, don’t like to) have pizza without a Coke - the pizza just doesn't taste the same. Kind of reminds me of when I was quitting smoking. There are just certain things you can’t have or can’t do when you’re attempting to kick the nicotine habit. Like coffee...for the longest time I couldn’t have coffee because I couldn’t enjoy a cigarette with it. Or, I couldn’t go to a bar or restaurant and order alcohol because I’d want to smoke. I’ve never been much of a drinker – though I’ve definitely had my fair share. I just don’t really think about it. Oh, I enjoy the odd beer here and there – or a nice glass of wine – or maybe a frozen margarita with a good girlfriend...but alcohol is most definitely not a part of my daily life. It’s not even a weekly occurrence. I’m obsessive about things that makes Hubby (and most normal people) crazy - like wrinkles in the sheets at night and rumpled covers, or all the spoons facing the same direction in the silverware drawer and all the utensils in their proper slots, or the way the dishwasher is should be loaded, or the way certain pieces of clothing need to be folded in order to fit into their place in the drawer. I’m terribly obsessive about many, many things...but that’s just part of who I am; and, I suppose, it makes me capable of doing my job more effectively. Sometimes being anal and obsessive can be a good thing, right? Thankfully, I don’t have any of a myriad of other addictions or afflictions, so...I guess being addicted to Coca-Cola is minor. (Note to Self: Remember to brush your teeth and drink as much water as possible!) TTFN JMS

No comments: