Friday, April 27, 2007

Kiddo, Little Bit & M&M (Originally posted April 27, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL Little Bit is 7 weeks old today. It’s funny how life goes, you know? I mean, it feels like she’s been around forever, but it’s only been 7 weeks! She’s getting big – I’d love to know how much she weighs right now. It is finally obvious – even to me, who is around her all the time – how much she’s grown since she was born. Her newborn stuff is already too small and she’s well into the 3 month stuff. Some of it is still too big, but it doesn’t really matter at this point; she certainly doesn’t care! She’s been a bit congested lately, and has coughed a few times, but is otherwise perfectly healthy – though I am keeping my eyes and ears (and Mommy intuition) open. Kiddo seems great, though he’s still being quite difficult. Everything is an ordeal. The star chart is looking very bare as he has not accomplished many of his chores this week. We’re not pushing him, though, because I think that would put a very negative spin on the entire thing and make him even more difficult, and less inclined to do what we ask him. He’s had fun Swiffering the floors, clomping around in Mommy’s boots, drawing on his Cars DoodlePro board, and going to Story Time at the local library. He loves Story Time...but he got in trouble this week because he and another little boy were spitting on the mats. I’m amazed neither of them got smacked right there and then! Mr. Will, the very nice Scottish man who leads Story Time and reads the books (and also somehow manages to get all the little ones to pay attention) had to reprimand the two – which is mortifying to me! Ah well...I guess it could be worse – it could be biting or hitting. I’m almost afraid to admit this, but I’m glad to be back at work. I finally have a job I really love and am working for a good company and a good boss; not many people find that in their whole working career so I am extremely lucky. I miss my kids all day, though. The first day I had to leave them with Hubby – and even though I knew they were in good hands – I cried all the way to work and then was on the verge of tears all day long. I made it through, though, and each day has gotten a bit easier. Yesterday, I was busy all day and before I knew it, the day was over! As you know, we’re having Little Bit baptized on May 13th. I am quite excited about it because one of my very favorite people is making a special trip from Connecticut to be there for her baptism! His wife – the person we named Little Bit after – will unfortunately not be able to come, but I’m still very happy that he’ll be able to attend. M&M have been part of my life since I was eight years old and they’ve become family to me. I can’t imagine what my life would be like without their positive influence – not only on me, but on my brother and sister as well! Kiddo, Sr. (my brother) and HB (my sister), & I all love M&M very much. Well...I guess that’s all I have right now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful, sunny day! It’s raining here. TTFN JMS PS: I just went to post this to my LiveJournal and the wonderful network gurus here have blocked the site. Dammit! Now I have to post from home again!

No comments: