Friday, June 01, 2007

New and yet...not (Originally posted June 1, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM IVILLAGE Quite a few of you are familiar with my blog at Live Journal. You'll notice that I haven't posted in many, many days due to the fact that I cannot access the Live Journal site from my office anymore (those darn IT guys!) and I do not have time to post anything while I'm at home (those darn kids!). I usually can spend about 15 minutes during my lunch break and post something on a daily basis - when I can access the blog site. That being said, I'm trying to find a place that I can keep up with my journal regularly and I'm hoping that iVillage will be that place. I miss my journal when I can't update it and I have such a difficult time re-entering the "blogging" world after being on hiatus for so long. It's almost as if so much has happened, and I've got so much to say, that I would rather just let it go and not do it at all. How lazy is that? Speaking of lazy, I'm guessing that laziness is the likely culprit for my house looking the way it does. Again, the few of you who are familiar with my writings will know that at my house, the laundry is never finished, the dishes are always dirty, and there is always a wet towel somewhere that it should not be. There are miniature cars & miniature socks under the couch, raisins stuck to the floor, and sippy cups (with half their contents) under my son's bed & in our cars. We keep the diaper companies in business, the trash men on the payroll, the recycle truck running, and I'm sure that Kleenex most definitely appreciate our regular contributions. Our house is chaotic. There's me (Mom), Hubby (Dad), Kiddo (Son, 3 years) and Little Bit (Daughter, 3 months)...oh, and the dog, too. We've managed to fit ourselves, and everything that goes with us, in a 760 sq. ft. house. It's tight, we have no storage, and we're constantly on top of one another which leads to more arguments than are probably necessary - but somehow, we make it work. Our cars are not new, and are in need of constant upkeep, but they're paid for. Basically, we're just a normal family of four (and the dog) trying to make ends meet. I am forever reminding myself that we are blessed. We love one another. We are gainfully employed, though we don't make a lot of money. We have two beautiful children who amaze us and bless us in their own way. We have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, and clothes on our backs. In fact, we're very wealthy. So whenever I start to complain about my house being a disaster, my car being broken, my kids acting up, my husband leaving the toilet seat up or putting the TP roll on UNDER instead of OVER, I need to remember that I have a house, and a car, and that my children are healthy and smart and ready to learn, and that my husband actually replaces the TP roll to begin with! If only everyone could be so lucky... TTFN, JMS

No comments: