Saturday, June 02, 2007

Ah...the weekend! (Originally posted June 2, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM IVILLAGE 5PM Friday Afternoon could not have come soon enough. I'm fighting a sinus...something...and it's started to move its merry way into my upper chest. That's always great for an asthmatic. I'm able to take Tylenol Cold, which seems to help, but because I'm still breast feeding Little Bit, I can't take it continually - only when I really need it. I'm also able to take Benedryl and nomally, when I take it, it knocks me flat on my you-know-what, but this time (Wednesday night) it made me feel worse and kept me up all night. Thursday passed in a bit of a fog and I felt awful. Oh...and let me tell you what else happened on Thursday! My car broke! I got into it on Thursday AM with both kids, and drove all the way to our sitter's house in Knoxville (approx. 14 miles from home). I pulled into her driveway, parked the car, turned the car off and got everybody and everything out of the car and into the sitter's house. After getting everyone settled, I got back into the car to go to work and nothing happened. The ignition was locked and so the key would not turn at all. The gear shift was stuck. The break was frozen. The wheel wouldn't turn. I knew of one trick that we'd found out years ago when we first got the car, which was supposed to unstick the gear shift - but even that wouldn't work for me. I called Hubby, who gallantly came to my rescue even though he was supposed to be going to work. Eventually, Hubby brought me to work, we had the car towed to our mechanic (14 miles back home), and it turns out that the ignition housing was broken and to fix it, the entire steering column needs to be replaced. Ugh. Now, I'm trying to figure out where the $$ is going to come from to pay for it. Our friends offered us their truck to use while the car is in the shop so I was able to get to and from work on Friday without Hubby having to taxi me back and forth. (Oh...and I love driving that truck - it's big and burly and black, and makes other's think twice about cutting me off!!) Anyway - it's the weekend now, thank God! I still feel lousy, and Hubby has to work today (only 2 massages, though, so he won't be gone all day) and I think I might try to take the kids down to the park for a while. I'll play that one by ear, though. OK...I guess I am done for now. Hope all is well with everyone! TTFN, JMS

No comments: