Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ah...Christmas

This time of year has me on a roller-coaster of emotions; at once I am sad, frazzled, frustrated, angry, disorganized & excited. It never before occurred to me that one can experience all these things at once, but I am living proof that is possible. I am sad because Christmas is always a sad time for me. It was one of the first major holidays I had to celebrate after my mom died in 1989. It was also mom’s birthday on December 15th. I cannot go through this season without thinking of her on a daily basis. Even though it has been 18 years since she left us, it’s times like this when I miss her even more. Frazzled, frustrated, angry and disorganized just seem to go along with the season, but they also seem to be constant in my life in general. I touched on this a few posts ago, but the more disorganized things are, the more frazzled I get...which, of course, leads to anger and frustration. I’m excited to see what my kids think of Christmas this year. This is Greta’s first Christmas, and though she is not old enough to really know what’s going on, she will most certainly have fun playing with the packaging and ribbons...forget the toys! This will be the first Christmas that Charlie will really know what’s going on and take an active role in the day. He understands Santa; that Santa comes and leaves presents for the good boys and girls. But more importantly, he knows that Christmas is for Jesus and will tell anyone who will listen that Christmas Jesus’ birthday. So somehow we’ve managed to get point across, on both accounts. I think that it’s probably a good thing I have next week off because I would not be of much use at the office anyway and might actually be able to get something done at home. Well...Merry Christmas anyway! TTFN JMS

No comments: