Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Conversations & Christmas Trees

Usually, when someone starts off a conversation with, “Don’t say anything to so-and-so, but...” you can be pretty sure that the topic is bound to be something offensive, gossipy, or just generally negative in nature. I had a similar conversation last night with someone very close to me. I’m willing to keep my mouth shut because I love this person very much, but it’s like telling me to stick a needle in my eye by requesting that I don’t write about a very important subject in my blog! Plus, I really don’t know what is going on...the underlying problem or issue...so I am just going to trust this person to do what they need to do about whatever it is. (No, I’m not pregnant again...so don’t even think about it! And no, the “someone” is not Jamie, either. Will ya quit trying to figure it out? You never will. I promise.) Anyway – as I was saying; this person called me last night, and we had a great conversation, and I was very excited to hear from them because we don’t talk to one another nearly as much as we should. Then, about 5 minutes later, this person called me back and said, “Hey, if you don’t mind, don’t say anything about this in your blog.” Um...What? Well...Ok. Because I love you, I’ll keep my mouth shut... ...sort of. In other news, we got our Christmas decorations out last night. Charlie got to help put up a few of the decorations along the bottom of the tree (the only place he could reach) before going to bed. We have a little two-foot tree, so it sits up on a table or, as it is right now, on the desk. Jamie and I panicked a bit when we got the boxes down from the attic, because we both thought we had a bigger tree than we did, and we couldn’t find it! Well...it was stuffed into a black, plastic bag, and then put into a big Rubbermaid tub along with a bunch of other stuff. I really, REALLY wanted a real tree this year – you know, to go with our new house? But we couldn’t afford one and didn’t have a tree-stand, either. Oh well, there’s always next year. It’s neat, because every year it’s like opening presents all over again when you are involved with unwrapping all the ornaments. I find that I like certain ones more than I did the year before, and others less. The favorite ones get the places of honor at the front and top of the tree, while the “others” get relegated to the sides, back and bottom. Since the tree is only two-feet tall, however, it always seems absolutely crammed with fun ornaments. That’s another reason I wanted a real tree – so I can spread all the great things out on something larger for all to see! Oh...and I found a new favorite thing; Mint Truffle Hershey’s Kisses. OMG!!!! These things are so lovely. You know, right along the lines of a York Peppermint Pattie and a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha. Are you detecting a pattern yet? (Oh, and Andes Candies are always good, too – and Junior Mints...) LOL! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope my review inspired you to try those Hershey Kisses.

:)