Friday, December 07, 2007

Greta's Evil Twin

So, Greta has an ear infection. Jamie called me yesterday and asked if I could come rescue him from the screaming evil twin of our usually sweet-tempered little baby girl. I was able to leave early so I could go home to take her to the doctor. The doctor said "Hmmm...are you SURE she hasn't been running a fever?" at least three times that I remember. My answer was, "No...she has not been running a fever." I had, in fact, been checking it regularly because I knew she wasn't feeling quite right, and it was never elevated by even a tenth of a degree! The doctor said that there was quite a bit of fluid in her right ear and that her ear canal was red and inflamed. So that would account for the screaming... (That, and the two teeth getting ready to rip their pearly-white ways out of her tender pink gums.) So now she's taking Amoxicillin for the next ten days. I talked to Jamie this morning and asked him how Greta was doing. He said that whatever that thing was that was masquerading as our baby yesterday is gone, and our girl is back now. She was, at the time I talked to him, munching on some home-made biscotti (*I have been corrected - they were not made by our good friend, Sarah) and loving every minute of it. It's amazing how a little medication, a little sleep, and 12 hours can turn around even the grouchiest creatures! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was homemade.. but not by Sarah.