Wednesday, December 12, 2007

To Remove or Not to Remove

Yesterday, I sent out an e-mail asking everyone to please let me know if they wanted to be removed from the blog/site update list. The answer was a resounding YES! I have received quite a few responses from people wanting to be removed from the list and/or to just receive the updates say, weekly. I’m really OK with this, but I am, admittedly, a little sad - and I'm not sure I understand why. Not because I am taking offense. I’m the one who asked in the first place and knew I would get some responses for removal. Not because I feel unpopular. I’ve never been exactly popular, and the feeling of popularity is foreign to me anyway so I wouldn’t even know what to look for! Not because I feel like everyone and their brother should be reading my blog. I don’t. Not because I feel like anyone should really even be interested in what I have to say! Again, I don’t. I write this for me. This is my outlet. My place to pour out my feelings, complain, sound off, share good times and bad – even if it is with no one but myself. I have found something I truly enjoy doing that doesn't take any time at all and when I'm done, I feel like I've accomplished something. So I am thankful for those friends and family who responded with comments about how much they love keeping up with my blog, that they love my writing, or my favorite: “DO NOT REMOVE DARLING GIRL!!!!” It makes me feel very blessed to know that there are some out there who really do read my blog as often as possible, and not only do they read it, they enjoy it. So I'll keep writing, and you can keep reading. “They LOVE me! They really, really LOVE me!” (Tee hee!) TTFN JMS

2 comments:

Cara J. said...

Don't be offended. The deal with blogs is, for those of us who read them (and I do cause I got you hooked), we check them all almost daily. I check your's, Mary's, Liz's habitually every day as I'm checking email. You don't have to let us know you updated it - we want to read them so we go there anyway. It's just an extra step you don't have to bother with, trust me. So don't feel sad at all.

Cara J. said...

I mean remember we're computer geeks right? If I get cut off from the internet its like an umbilcal (sp?) cord is cut....