Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Late 2007 / Early 2008

I said to Jamie last night, "You know, I really, really don't want to go back to work tomorrow." He said, "Why? When we got back from the beach in September you seemed excited to get back to work." I don't know the answer. I don't know why I feel differently about going back to work now versus going back to work then. The only answer I could come up with at the time of this discussion was, "Well, maybe it's because I got to spend this vacation with just my family." I still don't know if that's the right answer and now I'm back at work. The first working day of 2008. January 2nd. My younger brother Jeffrey's 30th birthday. Geez. I cannot believe my little brother is 30 years old! ...makes me feel old. Happy birthday, Jeff. I hope your birthday today is spectacular and that you get to spend it with those you love. (Oh...and can I talk about that other thing now? I don't know if I've been given permission yet...) In other happenings, Charlie and I went with our very dear friend Barb and her son Sam to see Alvin and the Chipmunks on New Year's Eve. This is a great movie and Theodore is so cute and sweet; makes you want to squeeze him! (If any of you remember that little cartoon-ish voice I can do, Barb says I could have been the voice of one of those chipmunks!) Take your kids! Don't wait until it comes out on DVD. It's rated PG and is appropriate for all ages. Charlie and Sam are both almost 4 and there wasn't any moment during the entire movie that I was concerned about the content. (Aaron - take Jake if you haven't already. Katy - Mr. B would probably love it!) On the way home from the movie, Charlie said to me, "Mommy - I didn't have any fun!" "Why not, bud?" I ask. "I didn't laugh." He says very seriously. Ah, well...I tried. He did have a good time, though, and he did laugh. I know because he sat on my lap almost the entire time. It was too bad Barb and I were sitting two seats away from each other because we, the adults, spent our time laughing like hyenas and saying "Awwww" and "Ohhh...he's so cute!" a lot. I certainly didn't mean for this post to turn into a movie review, but there you go. Happy First Working Day of 2008 everybody! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Oneofeach said...

On the schedule for the weekend! Can't wait to see it!!!!! I too am bummed about being back at work! TAKE CARE....the kids are so cute in the pics!