Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lunch with my family

I had lunch with my family today at a nice little restaurant that serves great personal pan pizzas. It was trying to snow when I got there, and even though I had to park quite a bit further away than I would have liked, I enjoyed the brisk, cold walk to the restaurant's main entrance. As soon as I rounded the end of the building and was in sight of the front door, I saw Charlie's little face desperately peering out the window at the parking lot. He spotted me almost instantly and yelled (I could hear him from outside), "Mommy!!!!" At this point, he was also jumping up and down on the booth seat excitedly. I entered the restaurant and walked down the little narrow "hall" to the main dining area and as I turned the corner, EVERY SINGLE DINER within earshot of Charlie's excited scream was looking at me. I'm wearing a red sweater today and I believe my cheeks turned the exact same shade of scarlet! It was quite funny. Greta spent some time flirting with a guy in a booth behind us while eating her fill of Cheerios and generally being cute and smiley. It was a nice lunch - too bad I didn't get a slice of one of those delicious looking cakes in the cooler. That would have been just too scrumptious for words... TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You didna ask...