Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Happenings!

Happy Monday everybody!

(Yeah...right!)

I had a pretty good weekend.

On Friday night, my very good friend Samantha (W not B for those in the know) came over for dinner and some much-needed girl conversation. We had veggie burgers topped with blue cheese and thick tomato slices (yum!) and a fresh veggie tray. (Yes, Sam is a veggie-head, but I love her anyway.) After dinner, Jamie and I put the kids to bed and then the adults chatted for a while until Sam and I decided to go look at a few things on the computer and Jamie began a video game. (He got bored with the video game pretty quickly and then watched 3:10 to Yuma...) Sam left around 10:30 and I went to bed. I'm so glad she came over to visit because I never get to see her anymore and we always have a great time.

Then the family had breakfast together on Saturday morning - even Greta had a small pancake - and Jamie went to work. I'm sure other things happened on Saturday, but I'm honestly at a loss as to what they are.

On Sunday - we all got up and went to church. There was a 10 AM rally for the Kids Worship Arts in which we learned about the kids choir, kids hand bells, and other fun kids activities that will happen over the next 12 weeks. We also voted on which logo to use. I put together the logos. This one is the clear winner. I'm very pleased it was so well received - even the kids liked it!

On Sunday night, Charlie had his first choir practice and he, along with his friend Abby, were the only 3-year-olds in the group. Everyone else was quite a bit older. I think Jayden (Abby's sister) who is 6 is the next youngest. Anyway - they sang a song and played hand bells and then showed off what they learned to the parents who were hanging around waiting for their respective kiddos. It was great.

Our friend Kevin, who is the choir director, did a FANTASTIC job. I don't know how he has the patience to do it - but I guess when you love something that much, you find a way around the difficulties. It is so obvious that he loves what he does and he loves those kids. Kudos to you, Kevin!

Anyway - it's Monday again and I'm at work. It's only just now 7AM and I've been up since 4:00. I just could not sleep, even as tired as I was (am...was....whatever). So I got up, showered, and left. I've got a doctor's appointment at 11:30 this morning to discuss a bunch of things and am looking forward to getting some answers. I'm sure everyone is concerned...(ha ha)...but there's nothing to worry about. This is just a regular doctor's appointment, though Peg will know exactly what I'm planning to discuss.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

TTFN
JMS

PS: Don't forget to check out Insano Boss!

No comments: