Monday, March 24, 2008

Bitch-Fest (...be warned!!!)

I’m crabby today and there’s so much to bitch about that I don’t know where to start. (Yes, I said “bitch”... I said it once, and I’m sure I’ll say it again.) First of all, I’m still struggling with not feeling well. My ears still have cotton stuffed inside them and I’m having difficulty hearing. I am still really, really tired and somewhat dizzy. (No, not ditzy...dizzy...it’s definitely not the same thing.) I now have a cold (I think) on top of everything else. I’m sneezy and stuffy and generally having difficulty breathing – a phenomenon I have not experienced in several weeks thanks to my new allergy/asthma meds. The meds seem to be struggling to keep up with this cold, though. Then I’m feeling the pressure to make sure everything is set for Charlie’s party on Saturday. It’s supposed to be 67 degrees out and I cannot decide if that’s warm enough to have the party outdoors or not. The theory is to put out two or three soccer balls and let the kids run around to their hearts content, eat some cake, open a few gifts, and go home – hopefully worn out enough to sleep the entire night through, even with the sugar coursing furiously through their little bodies. I guess if everyone is dressed warmly enough, it will be OK – and as long as it doesn’t rain, I don’t think I’ll change my mind about it being outside. Plus, the weather forecast can change between now and then – and who knows...it might be warmer! Also, Charlie might not even get a birthday party this year if he continues acting the way he’s been acting lately. He’s been a stubborn, obstinate, bull-headed, crabby, whiny baby. He’s thrown screaming breakdowns over tiny things. He’s whined about various things until I’m ready to throttle him (something, of course, I would never do...even though it might seem like a good idea at the time). He repeatedly asks for things I’ve already said “no” to until I have to threaten to throw the “whatever-it-is” away – which, of course, makes him scream bloody murder. It’s a vicious cycle that I’m really ready to break but I don’t know how. I don’t know what we’re doing that needs to stop, or not doing that needs to get done. I just know that he’s driving us both crazy. Greta seems to be doing fine, and aside from going through a serious case of separation anxiety any time one of us leaves the room, all is well in her world. Plus, she’s finally sleeping through the night – mostly. She might wake up once anywhere between 11PM & 3AM, but with some minimal rocking or soothing, she’s back in La-La Land relatively quickly. Fast enough for me to get back to sleep without having completely lost my own warm sleepies. (You know what I mean?) Work is OK, but really, really busy. My boss is getting ready to have kidney stone surgery next Thursday and is currently experiencing quite a lot of pain. He’s preparing to be out of the office for a few days, and therefore is trying to squeeze in a week’s worth of work in just a day or two. I’m also trying to keep up with this blog and seem to find little to no time to do it in! I miss writing in this blog like one misses a long, lost old friend. I am always coming up with things to write about, but cannot seem to get to a computer when the ideas come to mind! Anyway – I know there are probably several thousand other things I could bitch about today (like the fact that our kitchen is always a freaking mess and our laundry can never stay folded which really pisses me off and I’m ready to throw everything we own out on the curb with a sign that says “FREE TO A GOOD HOME” and then let that be the end of it) but I think I’ll quit while I’m ahead. I’m no good to anyone when I’m in one of these moods. TTFN JMS PS: On the positive side – I hope everyone had a good Easter!

No comments: