Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Musical I-don't-know-what...

I’ve got this thing going with a girl at work. No...it’s not what you think, but it sure is fun! See...we’re each trying to come up with the most irritating song in the hopes of getting it stuck in the other’s head. Frankly, I think I’m winning. I may not really be winning, but I think I am. My favorite part isn’t coming up with the songs. It isn’t the sudden realization that, “Oh! That song would be PERFECT!” It’s Miss Tammy’s reaction when I start singing (which, in and of itself is scary). Some key phrases that have been uttered by my friend are:
  • “I’m hanging up now!”
  • “No! No no no no no no no no no! Bad!”
  • “Oh, I don’t want to know.”
  • “You hate me, don’t you?”
  • “La la la I can’t hear you!” (Said with her fingers stuffed in her ears)
  • Here are my criteria for song choice:
  • It has to be a song she will know.
  • It should have fun lyrics or catchy phrases.
  • It should have a fun, jazzy, toe-tappin’ tune.
  • It will most likely be one that would get stuck in my head.
  • It’s neat how I can pass along a song that is plaguing me to some other receptive person. It’s almost like passing a yawn - it always works but you can’t really explain why. Some songs we’ve used to annoy each other:
  • Ahab the Arab – Ray Stevens (Purple People Eater, Guitarzan, The Streak...)
  • Alice’s Restaurant – Arlo Guthrie
  • On the Radio – Donna Summer
  • The Oscar Meyer Wiener song
  • The Oscar Meyer Bologna song
  • Polly Wolly Doodle
  • Oh – there have been many more, but I think those are the best (worst?) of them. Right now I’m listening to The Pet Shop Boys (fav!) and trying to catch up on what I missed yesterday while I was helping out at the job fair! TTFN JMS PS: It's a good day! :)

    No comments: