Thursday, May 29, 2008

Can you believe it? I have a P-L-A-N!

Aside from being tired - I'm feeling pretty good today! I'm kind of pumped because I feel like even though I still have A TON of work to do around the house, I finally have a plan. P-L-A-N! It's a good one and it requires just a bit of work each night. I'm not doing one room in its entirety, but aspects of all the rooms with a focus on the things that drive me crazy. For example: Last night I cleaned off and organized the top of the refrigerator and did a load of laundry. (I probably should have done several loads of laundry but I didn't.) Hubby and I have been slowly picking away at the storage building in our back yard; finding things that we forgot we had and getting rid of things we no longer need. We've still got a LONG way to go, but we're making a snails progress - which is infinitely better than no progress at all. I also have a plan for the living/dining room. I am trying to find a nice sleeper loveseat or small sleeper sofa that is in good shape, goes with my vision for the room, and is of a kid-friendly style and fabric. I want to arrange things so that the living and dining areas are two completely separate "rooms" within one room. I know what it needs to be, I just need to get it there. (No comments about my HGTV addiction, please and thank you!) Also, Hubby and I saw a FABULOUS shelving wall unit at a furniture store on Memorial Day that was $600.00. It was too rich for our blood price-wise, but absolutely the perfect thing and exactly what I've had in mind for the space. I admit, though, it's a little disappointing that I cannot just say, "I'll take it!" Especially since I know it will do just what I need it to do. I also know what color the walls are going to be and I have a vision for the kitchen - but those "tiny" projects will have to wait for another time. I think I can manage the living room with what I have, but it will not be what I want it to be...yet. I keep telling myself, "All in good time, girl...all in good time." Anyway - I am excited to see my "visions" come to life and so am forcing my lazy self to do something - anything - every night after work. I don't have any thoughts as to what I'll do tonight when I get home, but I'm sure it will come to me. Well...I hope everyone is doing well. Please think good thoughts for my friend RM who is having surgery today. I'm sure she'll be fine, but the more good thoughts coming her way the better! Oh, the power of prayer! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I feel your pain, sister. I'm trying to get MY house ready for my jewelry party on Saturday and I'm FREAKING out! I know it will get done and at the last minute, the fam will pitch in and help, but as of right now, I'm FREAKING OUT..... it feels as if there's not any way things will be ready by Saturday at 2.... UGH!? :( If everyone coming were as understanding as YOU, I'd be fine...lol