Friday, May 30, 2008

Dinner and Home Depot (quite an evening!)

Hubby was napping when I got home last night - nursing a killer headache that wouldn't quit. Kiddo and Little Bit were both awake but quietly hanging out in their bedrooms like the good little people they are. I got both kids up and we played for a little while. Little Bit is walking all over the place now, and it's funny to see her toddle after Kiddo.

She adores her big brother.

When Hubby got up, I spent 20 minutes working on his neck and shoulders in an attempt to relieve some of the pressure on his poor head. I think it might have helped some, but the headace sure didn't go away completely. So much for my dream of having that magic touch!

We went to Applebees for dinner. Kiddo hadn't actually napped, even though he'd spent time in his room, and neither had Little Bit - so they were both a little wound up at the restaurant. But we got through the meal without a major incident and then headed to Home Depot.

Home Depot was my idea because I wanted to look at a few things, namely that cool Black & Decker push mower that doesn't require expensive gasoline and runs on a battery. It's a little more than I want to spend, money-wise, but I think it would be a wonderful addition to Hubby's implements of lawn destruction...er, maintenance. Home Depot, however, doesn't carry it. Lowe's does. Another trip for another time.

I also wanted to get a gander at the patio products, ceiling fans, paint, and Roman shades. Going to Home Depot was my idea in the first place...

We found (I'm so excited about this) a fantastic ceiling fan for Kiddo's room. It's brushed nickel, with reversable blades that have black on one side or black with moons, stars and rockets on the other. It also has a light (which his current fan does not have) and the light has a glass globe that looks like the Earth! I think I'm more excited about this than Kiddo is - though I'd bet he just doesn't really understand what all the fuss is about. Once the thing is properly installed in his room, I think he'll LOVE it!

Hubby is taking Kiddo and Little Bit to his Mom's house in Virginia on Sunday after church. For some reason, when he told me his plans last night while we were having dinner, I got teary-eyed. I don't know what I'm going to do without my kids and husband for 5 days!

Anyway - I guess that's about it for now. I'm going to go pout for a while, maybe get a cup of bad office coffee, and see if I can't find someone to complain to! (Oh, gosh...I've become that person!)


Have a great day!

TTFN
JMS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im unhooking the tv and comp. LOL. Clean.. Clean..

malfunctionology101 said...

I'm a HUGE fan of that fan. If Kiddo doesn't like it, I'm stealing it. It will go well with my chinese-themed bedroom, no?