Friday, May 16, 2008

Much better today! Yay me!

Yesterday, Dr. Chiropractor was able to get that pesky disk back in place with his amazing little activator thingy, and then I spent 10 minutes bouncing on one of those huge exercise balls. The theory is that the bouncing is a gentle way to separate the disks and allow more blood (as Dr. Chiropractor put it, “Juice,”) to flow in there and get the disk hydrated again. I guess it must have done the trick. Although, my spine aside, now I want one of those balls for work so I can sit on it at my desk. I think that would be keen! Oh, and comfortable, too! But I would need to get a note from Dr. Chiropractor first, and then run it all by Human Resources, before I could actually do that. Otherwise, I’m on an organizational kick at home. I started with one kitchen cabinet on Tuesday, did another cabinet on Wednesday, and last night spent an hour in Wally-World looking for plastic storage containers for things like cereal, pasta, crackers etc... I want all those boxes that take up so much space gone. I’m excited about the prospect of having a kitchen (and eventually house) that looks like something from an HGTV show. (Yes, I am addicted to HGTV. Hubby says that the HGTV logo will be permanently burned into the lower right corner of our television screen.) And, now that my back is on the mend, I can do more. My plea for assistance with the kids for Saturday was answered by my friend EB. Thanks, EB!!! You don’t know how much better your offer to help made me feel. It was honestly a huge relief to know that someone would be able to help out with the kids...just in case. Of course, she and I haven’t finalized details yet, which is probably a good thing, because now that I feel better physically, I’m not so concerned about my ability to take care of my kiddos. EB, you’re still welcome to come (I’d certainly love to see you and Baby M,) but I’m not desperate for help anymore. Take that as you will. Kiddo and Little Bit both went to the Dr. Pediatrician yesterday. They’ve both not been feeling well for a week or so, and though Hubby and I were not really worried, the baby kept spiking a fever and Kiddo has continued to cough – both have had stomach issues, but I’ll spare you the runny details! :) Dr. Pediatrician said that they were both OK. Keep giving them fluids and if they start to show signs of distress (not eating, not evacuating normally, high temps, etc...) then to bring them back. On a side-note: Kiddo weighs about 32lbs and Little Bit weighs 22lbs. Remember, he’s 4 and she’s 14 months. She’s going to catch up with him quickly, weight-wise, and then the wrestling will begin. I predict our girl’s going to be the clear winner. Hubby is doing OK. His sadness comes and goes, and comes most especially when an expression of sympathy comes his way, but he’s holding up. I guess that’s all I’ve got! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

malfunctionology101 said...

First, I must totally agree. Bouncing on a ball sure does get the blood flowing. Wait, that's my blog- not yours...
Second, HR definitely approves it! Well, I do at least.
Third, I completely adore you:)