Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ouchy!!!

I've managed to injure my back. Don't know how, but I can barely walk. Seeing Dr. Chiropractor again today, but after yesterdays fiasco (I couldn't get off the table and I cried) I wonder if today will be any different. He couldn't do anything for me yesterday, really, because my back is, "...too inflamed," but he handed me an enormous gel-ice pack and told me, "20 minutes, once an hour." Hasn't really seemed to do much except make my lower back numb. I'm walking around my office (yes, I am at work) like Quasimodo fielding "What have you done?" questions left and right. I just smile and say, "Oh, it's nothing...I hurt my back." Frankly, I don't want to talk about it. I don't know what I've done. It could have been any one of a hundred things I did on Monday (yep, it happened on Monday) or, it could have been nothing. With my back, you never know. I've hobbled around like this pretty regularly since I was 16...so this is nothing new...but the pain doesn't change. This whole thing has made me generally grumpy and I'm concerned about being by myself with my kids on Saturday while Hubby is at work. I think I might need to find someone who can come "help". You know, be there just in case I have problems. I can't lift Little Bit right now as it is and I certainly couldn't lift Kiddo if I needed to. I'm hoping that today's visit to Dr. Chiropractor will be productive, that it will not involve getting stuck on the table, and most definitely that it will not involve tears. I hate to cry like that. 'Nuff. TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hey friend! Jofis and I can keep the kids on Saturday if you need us to. Just let me know!

Love ya,

Elizabeth