Friday, July 11, 2008

The Fashion Sense of a Four Year Old

We're kind of short on closet space in our house. So, seeing that Kiddo's clothes can mostly be folded and put in his dresser, I have commandeered the use of his closet for my stuff. This is probably a somewhat silly thing to post, but here goes... I knew when I got up this morning that I was going to wear my new blue jeans. A nice pair of jeans that actually fit me and don't make me look like a bloated carcass. (You laugh, but I'm serious.) Anyway - I did not know what shirt I was going to wear with said jeans. I sneak quietly into my sleeping son's room (managing not even to disturb the dog, who normally flips out and runs the other way when I get within five feet of her) to look at the shirts I have clean and hanging in his closet. I begin trying on shirts, looking at myself and thinking, "Nope - not that one," and putting it back on its hanger, frustration growing. After three or four iterations of this process, I hear, "That one doesn't look good, Mommy, you might need to lose some weight before you can wear it." So much for me thinking I was going to look fab in my new jeans. Thought I'd share. TTFN JMS

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh...out of the mouth of babes! I think you look great!

Love ya!

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

You are so clever... you make a bad experience sound funny. :)