Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mama Mia!

My friend DS and I went to see Mama Mia last night. What a crazy, silly, strange, scary, funny movie this was. Here's what I learned: 1) Pierce Brosnan cannot sing. 2) Pierce Brosnan & Meryl Streep kissing is scary. 3) I LOVE ABBA songs! 4) Meryl Streep seems too old to be playing the mother of a 20 year old who was supposed to have been born in the 70's. The time frame seems a little...well...off. Other than that - it was fantastic! The costumes are awesome and, as DS said, if this movie doesn't get some sort of Oscar nod (maybe in the costume or choreography categories) then the movie folks are crazy! Some parts of the movie are embarrassingly bad - meaning the parts where the various characters break into song. The little (and I do mean little) twist at the end is wonderful and the movie ends just the way it should. I guess I didn't really mean this to be a movie review, but...so it has become. If you get an opportunity to see this movie (and you're a girl) then you'll probably love it. Or hate it. I really don't think there's any middle ground on this one. But I had a great time. My friend DS and I had dinner before hand and got to know one another a little bit. She and her family just joined our church a couple of weeks ago and I'm glad to have met her. I think we have quite a bit in common. I am hoping to get her hooked on GoodReads.com, too! We're both avid readers, so this should be fun! I love new friends! Of course, I love my old friends, too! Speaking of old friends (and I don't mean age), I'm meeting my dear friend KA for lunch today. She lives in London now and I haven't seen her since I was pregnant with Kiddo! We used to work together and have kept in touch on and off since we went our separate ways career-wise. I'm excited to see her and for her to see Kiddo and Little Bit, who will be meeting us at the restaurant (with Hubby, of course) for lunch. As tired as I am right now, I'm in a great frame of mind and am looking forward to this being a very good day. TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time. Sorry I missed it. Let's plan something else in the near future while Rich is out of school....