Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Domestic Goddess...?

I was a Domestic Goddess last night; and it was a good night, too! When I got home, Kiddo, Little Bit and I spent about an hour watching Noggin ("It's like pre-school on TV!"). Little Bit mostly sat in my lap and let me play with her hair, though she got down and danced several times. Kiddo sat in his little rocking chair and answered all the questions like the smart boy that he is. Kiddo is also learning to spell and understand how words work. I spelled two words for him last night - B-A-T-H and B-O-T-T-L-E (so Little Bit wouldn't understand and get too excited) and he understood exactly what I said. I quizzed him later and he knew! He's such a smart kid and I'm constantly amazed by him. He can even write his own name now! Anyway - I made dinner (BBQ pork chops, green beans, apple sauce, French bread), got both kids settled into their chairs and they both ate really well. I also put a soda in the freezer for Hubby and wrapped up his portion of dinner (he was at work) and stuck it in the still-warm oven so it would be hot when he got home. While the kids were eating, I did dishes and laundry. When they finished eating, we watched Dora (a nightly ritual) and then both kids got a bath. It was a relatively dry affair for which I was very grateful (because I didn't get soaked) and everybody got washed and dried and in their jammies without incident. Teeth brushed. Hair dried. In bed without any arguments...it was lovely! Both kids fell asleep almost immediately because I didn't hear a sound from either of them until about 6:30 this morning! One small issue happened when I was in the kitchen making dinner. Kiddo kept telling me he was very hungry and I kept repeating that dinner would be ready shortly and he would have to wait just a few more minutes. Apparently this wasn't good enough for him, because he went into the diaper bag and got out two packages of peanut butter crackers; one for him and one for Little Bit. I realized it was a bit too quiet in the living room and went to check on them and there they were, both silently munching on crackers! I asked Kiddo where he got them and he told me, "In the diaper bag, Mom! We were hungry and couldn't wait until dinner!" Needless to say he got in a little bit of trouble over that because he didn't ask me first and, though it didn't seem to spoil anyone's appetite, he had to forgo watching Go Diego Go as punishment. This is why after Dora was over, everyone got a bath, instead! Well...it was a good night...no arguments, no screaming (on anyone's part) and I managed to accomplish a lot so I thought I'd share my accomplishments with you. I feel like I need a pat on the back! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a dream. :)