Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Q: So...how are you? A: Do you really want to know...?

I went to my doctor last night to get the stitches out of my foot. My doctor simply stared at my foot for almost two minutes in complete silence, shaking her head. Eventually, she looked up at me and said, "What am I going to do with you?" She only removed the two stitches at the ends and left the three in the middle because she said it didn't look "ready" yet. I go back on Thursday afternoon to get the other three stitches removed. I had the most pain in my foot last night that I've had so far. I can attribute that to several things: my first day back to work and moving around more than I have in the last 10 days, the "trauma" of having stitches removed and/or someone simply "messing" with my foot which is hypersensitive and completely numb in turns, and...well...who knows what else. I guess it just hurt. On top of this, I've got a lovely sinus infection. I think I caught this from my husband, who, while he was wrestling both kids and his wife on his vacation, getting little to no rest at all, was also sick the whole time. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful he was throughout this entire vacation/ordeal. He really stepped up to the plate and handled everything. I am such a lucky woman. So now I'm on antibiotics...again...for the sinus infection. Anyway - I guess I need to buckle down and get some more work done. I've got a huge pile of stuff to do today and Sr. VP is coming to the office tomorrow. I thought she was coming today, but while I was on vacation, plans changed. This means that not only will I be working diligently to catch up on my backlog of work, but I will be planning and handling things for Sr. VP while she's here. Ah...it's good to be home! :) TTFN JMS

No comments: