Friday, October 10, 2008

Halloween Excitement

I'm excited about Halloween this year. OK...I know it's still 21 days away, but I wish it was tomorrow. Kiddo and I went out, just the two of us, on Monday night this week to look for his costume. Initially, he said he wanted to be an Army guy - you know, with the camouflage and boots and helmet - but when we got to our retail destination, and he laid eyes on the muscled Spiderman costume, it was all over. So Kiddo is going to be Spiderman for Halloween. I'm going to see if I can borrow the pumpkin costume my friend "FuzzFix" has that her son wore a couple years ago for Little Bit. I know it fits her because she's already tried it on and it's very cute. Plus, since I spent a bit more than I had intended to on Kiddo's costume, I can't bring myself to spend more on another costume for Little Bit when I am 99% sure I can borrow one that will work just fine. I am going to be a vampire. Heh...big surprise. I would be a vampire every year if I could. I guess it won't surprise anyone to hear that I'm going to be one of the vamps from the "Twilight" series...? That's all I'm going to say right now, though. 21 days and counting...can I make it until then? Is it strange to be nearly 35 years old and excited about Halloween? Excited for my own purposes, rather than my kids? Of course, I AM excited about the kids dressing up, but I get to dress up at work and pretend to be something and someone that I'm not for 8 hours! Ah...good grief. Will I ever grow up? TTFN JMS

No comments: