Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not sleeping well

I thought that with my family being gone that the quiet would be so restful I would want to spend most of my alone time asleep. Well, though I have wanted to, I have not been able to. I think in the last two nights I've gotten maybe 6 hours of sleep. I don't know what it is. Last night I watched a really bad movie (Sweeney Todd) and, though I was tired, it was kind of like seeing a train wreck - I couldn't stop looking. I had hoped that it would put me to sleep, but it did not. I tossed and turned and couldn't get comfortable. My legs felt goofy, like they were about to jump out of their skin, and so I spent almost 2 hours laying in bed, thrashing around like a fish out of water. At around 1AM, I must have just succumbed to my exhaustion because the next thing I knew, it was 2AM and the dog was waking me up to go outside. She NEVER does this, so I thought she wasn't feeling well and immediately got up and took her out. She peed, did her happy dance, and then came right back inside. The deed done, she went back into Kiddo's room and promptly fell asleep again. I could not. Finally, around 5:30 AM (when I should be getting up) I fell asleep again. This was stupid. I should have just gotten out of bed, showered, and headed to work but exhaustion overwhelmed me and I was deeply asleep for about an hour and a half. If my alarm went off before 7AM, I didn't hear it, nor do I remember hitting the snooze button. But at 7AM I woke up and realized, "Oh! I should be leaving for work right now and I'm not even dressed!" I called and left a message for my boss, "Hey, it's me. I'm running late. I just woke up! I'll be there as soon as I can!" Of course, I was there before he was anyway, so it didn't really make any difference. Now I just have to struggle to stay awake and get through my day. Then I can go home. I'm not watching TV. I'm not going to do anything other than make Kiddo's bed (I washed his sheets and blankets yesterday). I'm going to make sure the dog has completely emptied her bladder, and has the appropriate amount of food and water. Then I'm going to crash. If I don't answer the phone, I'm not actually dead, just dead to the world! TTFN JMS

No comments: