Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Do I have Insomnia?

I'm picking up my family this afternoon - YAY! I have to drive an hour and a half to get to where I'm going, but at least I don't have to drive three and a half hours as I would if I were going all the way to GM's house in VA. They're meeting me half-way at a Perkin's restaurant in Dandridge, TN. I'm very, very excited about having them back. I've missed them terribly. Though the quiet time at home has been nice, it has also been very busy, and also very frustrating. I'm still not sleeping well; I think I got maybe 4 hours in last night. I was still up and going strong at 11:30 PM. It was about 12:30 AM when I finally decided I'd had enough, gave up the ghost and crawled in to bed. I tried to concentrate on the fingers of my right hand, attempting to make them "go away". This has worked for me in the past, kind of like counting sheep or relaxing each part of your body in turn. It did nothing this time. My mind was distracted with thoughts of nothing in particular. I couldn't grab on to one single thought. I figured that if I could concentrate on just one thing that my mind would eventually shut down from boredom. This continued until nearly 2AM. I eventually succumbed, but I'm honestly not sure what time it was. I'd given up watching the clock because it did nothing except serve to frustrate me. Minutes were like hours. My alarm went off this morning and, though I must have hit the snooze button, I don't really remember doing so, and it was 6:30 AM before I dragged my tired butt out of bed. I have to leave my house at 7AM to get to work on time. Then, about thirty seconds away from my house, I remembered that I had a car full of stuff my sister-in-law had given us for Kiddo. I couldn't exactly keep going because when I pick up my family this afternoon they're going to have a bunch of stuff that needs to be brought back with them. With a trunk full of stuff, there was no room to add anything else. So I had to turn around, go back to the house, unload all the crap from my car, and then head to work again. I had intended to get all the stuff out of my car last night, but I forgot. I got busy cleaning Kiddo's and Little Bit's rooms. So I guess that's it. I'm hoping I'll sleep better once my family is home. Right now, I'm doing everything I can to stay awake - short of tracking down a couple of toothpicks to prop my eyelids open with. Oh - and I think our dog is sick. TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with Nalla? (spelling?)