Sunday, January 25, 2009

No Fever AND Feverishly Cleaning

Yay! No fever! I gave Little Bit a dose of Tylenol last night before she went to bed, even though her temp was only slightly elevated - and this morning, blessings abound, no fever at all! Though she's still attached to my hip and won't let me out of her sign even for a second! "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Though tears and sobs and snot. I ran to the little corner store that is less than 1 mile from our house to get a Coke Zero this morning, and though I was only gone for about 10 minutes, when I got home Hubby said Little Bit had cried the entire time. zxaqpoifred (This is Kiddo's addition to my blog entry today. He's been sitting on my lap practicing his spelling. He can spell his own name without any help, but he needed some assistance with mommy's, daddy's and Little Bit's names. I promised him I'd leave his contribution on today's post if he would quit giggling, because even though I love to hear him giggle, Little Bit is sleeping right now and I might have to strangle him if he wakes her up! Kidding, of course...) I did laundry until 11:30 last night, and then crashed - hard. I tried to sleep in a bit this morning, but with all the screeching and gaiety floating around the house, sleep was fruitless. Kiddo came in and said brightly, "Mom! Breakfast is ready!" I thought Hubby might have made pancakes or something (though I couldn't smell anything particularly yummy - not even coffee - and I couldn't fathom how he could have cooked anything in the disaster area called the kitchen), but I awoke to find a bowl and spoon had been placed on the table for me. I got cold cereal, which, to be quite honest, was exactly what I wanted. Now, though I'm still doing laundry, I've made quite a bit of progress and hope to have our bedroom finished today. Hubby spent a good amount of time in the kitchen this morning and now it looks like it could be in a magazine! I've just sent Hubby and Kiddo out to Wally World for a couple of small things and, once I get everything done laundry-wise, I'm going to put new, clean sheets on the bed! I love a freshly made bed!!! OK - so this probably bored you to death, but it's Sunday, isn't it? I'm satisfying my urge to write something, even if I do nothing more than write about my day. Have a wonderful Sunday! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nope, wasn't bored at all. I find it all very fascinating! I'm starting to feel like I know the adult you! That little tike in the pictures -- I know her. But the adult person she turned into is still a mystery.

Tell kiddo that he has accidentally hit upon the Chinese word for water buffalo: "zxaqpoifred"

It's not true of course but it's still fun to tell people. If you act like you actually know something, people assume you do.

I know, me bees linguist! I get paid money to go to work and do a government subsidized hobby!

I don't feel like I've done real work in years and years.

Oh, well.

Hope you are all doing well. Love, UB