Monday, February 02, 2009

Steelers win, Christmas stuff, Extreme cold, Attainable goals, & Picture Tag

So the Cardinals didn't win, eh? Whoopie. I feel for JF, though. I wonder if he'll come dragging in here today all down in the dumps...? The Steelers now have the most rings of any team in the NFL, though...is that right? 6 Superbowl wins!? Impressive. I really don't care. **** We finally managed to get all the Christmas stuff put away up in the attic yesterday. I also put the couch back where it should be and managed to vacuum both under and on the area rug. Not that it lasted that long, though. The dog came through seconds later and decided the freshly vacuumed rug would be a good place to lay down; and shed on. **** The extreme cold and snow we were expecting seems to have avoided us again. It's 40 something degrees out this morning; quite warm. It's supposed to rain today and then get colder tonight with possible flurries tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it. I didn't even have to scrape off my windshield this morning! (Oh, and I bought some of that De-Icer fluid for my windshield. I haven't put it in the well yet, but at least I didn't need it this morning!) **** I've got to spend some time cleaning off my desk this morning. It's a complete disaster again and that particular Attainable Goal is going down the drain. I'm still losing weight, though - which, if I do nothing else, I will be quite happy with! I'm down 17 lbs now and finally got myself a decent digital scale! It actually remembers the last weight and will tell me how much I've gained or lost between weighs! Pretty cool, eh? My clothes are much looser anyway, which is a very good thing! Maybe I'll actually get down to a size 12 by April! **** And, to finish off today's post - I am responding to Paprika's Perch, who tagged me to do a Photo Tag. I'm supposed to post the 6th photo from the 6th folder in my "archives." I won't tag anyone else, because it seems I've done quite a lot of tagging lately, but if you want to participate, feel free! So, without further ado: This is my very good friend CRJ's wedding in '07 in Statesville, NC. I did not take the picture and I hope that she'll forgive me for posting it here. But, it really is the 6th photo in the 6th folder... TTFN JMS

2 comments:

Karrie said...

Wow..Congrats on the 17lbs! That is wonderful.
At least you didn't come up with a bad pic like I did :) in my 6th folder..LOL

Elizabeth said...

I'm still waiting for the Christmas boxes to be put away! They have been sitting in the living room since the 2nd weekend in January! Oh well....maybe this week.