Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Allergies, Neigborhood Kids, Nighmare Child, Angel Child

Two days without my allergy medicine and I've got a headache to beat all headaches.  Well...I guess it's really not that bad considering it's not a migraine, I'm vertical, I'm mostly awake - and I'm at work.  I keep thinking about my friend Q who has some of the worst headaches on record (in my opinion) and somehow she still manages to to muddle through.  If she can do it, with her brain pounding against itself in so many different ways, than I certainly can down a couple of Tylenol and press on.
 
We had three of the neighborhood kids over last night.  Kiddo, Little Bit and I were sitting on the grass in our backyard blowing bubbles and having a wonderful time when the trio showed up.  Not naming any names, suffice it to say that one of the kids (the middle boy, who is 6) bears the name of a bear...created and brought to life by one of my favorite authors...A.A. Milne.  No joke.  Odd names aside, I had extra bubbles and after Kiddo graciously ran inside to get them, I passed them out to the kids and all 6 of us were blowing bubbles in the backyard. 
 
Eventually, bubble-blowing got old and they went on to bikes, scooters, skateboards, big wheels, and dare deviling down the little hill in our backyard.  My two were, thankfully, not involved in this tomfoolery, but Milne's Bear and his younger brother both decided that riding the 2-wheeled scooter, the three-wheeled tricycle and Kiddo's 2-wheeled (unless you count the training wheels) bicycle down this little hill.  It may be little, but 3- and 6-year-olds should not be playing daredevil in my backyard.  Spills were taken, boo-boos were kissed, admonishments were handed out.  I did not like the idea of someone else's kids getting injured in MY yard.  Well...getting injured at all...but most especially in MY yard.
 
I told them if they wanted to ride something down the hill they could ride the 4-wheeled John Deere tractor or the 4-wheeled Ket Car.  This lasted for exactly 1 round and they were done.  Not as much excitement, I guess, as the fear of falling over on a 2-wheeled something-or-other.
 
Milne's Bear had long(ish) hair when we started, and after returning to us from being gone for about 20 minutes, his hair was gone!  His father had sat him down outside and shaved it all off to short spikiness.  So cute.
 
All three of these kids are so cute - and, honestly, very polite.  I got several, "Yes, ma'am's" and "No, ma'am's" and quite a few "pleases" and "thank yous".  All without prompting them.  Their mother (and probably father, too) seem to be doing right by them.  I love, respect, and appreciate well-mannered children.  Especially if they're going to be hanging out at my house!  Now, if I could just get my kids to be as well-mannered and polite.
 
Speaking of my kids - Little Bit is now, officially, two years old.  And I don't mean in actual age.  She has gone from sweet, loving, happy kid to monster child in the last month or so.  Well...really ever since her 2nd birthday.  She's always had an attitude (I suppose Princesses are allowed an attitude occasionally, right?) but now she's a nightmare!  Everything is NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
 
All the time.
 
For whatever we're doing.
 
Food?  NO!
 
Bath? NO!
 
Bed? NO!
 
Play? NO!  (Oh wait, did Mommy just say Play?  I changed my mind...YES!)  But the playing turns into NO! when things don't work out the way she wants them to.
 
So that means that Kiddo must be my angel-child, eh?  Um...no.
 
I'm going to stop there.  That's a story for another time.
 
TTFN
JMS
 
PS: Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girly! So nice to see that I'm not alone with the kid chaos! Very very cute post... = )

Hugs ~ Claudia