Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Earth's Beauty, Laundry, and iPod Lineup

The sky this morning turned a glorious magenta against pale gray as I drove to work.  I'll say it again...glorious!  Sometimes, no matter how tired I am or how "blah", I can still appreciate the beauty around me.  I don't remember the lovely lake that I usually "oooh" and "aaah" over every morning.  I don't remember the lush greening trees.  I barely remember the drive in to the office at all - but I remember the sunrise.
 
It almost was worth the less-than-5-hours of sleep I got last night.
 
"And whose fault was that?"
 
Oh - definitely mine, of course.  I stayed up and watched Life After People on the History Channel - really pretty disturbing stuff, but very interesting.  It's amazing how Earth might reclaim itself after the plague of humans has gone from it's surface.  The canyons, rivers, hills and mountains that once, 1000 years ago, were New York City will be beautiful - if the computer animated version of the reclamation process is to be believed.
 
Hubby went to bed WAY early and I wrestled with both Kiddo and Little Bit until nearly 11PM!  Kiddo cried and cried because he didn't want to sleep - he wanted to hang out with me.  Little Bit cried and cried because she didn't want to go to sleep - she wanted to hang out with me.  Sigh.  I compromised by holding Little Bit in my lap and gently rubbing her back until she passed out from sheer exhaustion around 10:30PM and I climbed into bed with Kiddo and rubbed his back until he drifted off into Never-Never Land around 11PM.  Then I sat on the floor in the living room and folded the mountain of laundry that had taken over our couch.  I was like the Earth last night, reclaiming my territory (the couch) from the plague of man (the laundry).  The laundry is folded in neat piles separated by owner which still needs to be put away - but otherwise the couch is free to be used as it was intended; as a place to park one's backside.
 
Now I'm at work and getting ready to start my day.  I've figured out a way to hook up my iPod to my computer speakers (woah - big challenge there...) so I'm happily listening to (at the moment) Red Hot Chili Peppers.  It was just Barenaked Ladies.  It had been a piece from the soundtrack of the movie Amadeus (a wonderful movie about WA Mozart).  Before that it was Aretha Franklin from the Blues Brother's soundtrack.  Before that, the Bee Gees.  Quite a line up this morning, eh?
 
I love my iPod. 
 
Happy Wednesday.
 
TTFN
JMS
 

No comments: