Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go away...?

It's raining.  Again.
 
Or, maybe, still.
 
I've heard so many folks at my office complaining about the rain, but I say, "Let it fall."
 
It's Spring, for goodness sake!  It's supposed to rain, isn't it?  I mean, in just the last week or so of rain, everything has turned a lush and beautiful green here in beautiful East Tennessee.  (The birds are sure loving it, even if Nalla -our dog- doesn't.)
 
Speaking of birds, I want a bird bath for our front yard.  (Wow - quite a subject change, there, wasn't it?)
 
You might ask, "Yeah?  So?  What's the big deal?  Go get one!"
 
Well, I would answer, "I'm picky as hell!"  I want a birdbath that is going to work well in one particular area of our yard, I want it to be subtle, rustic, part of the landscaping; like it grew there.  On top of that, I don't want to spend any $200; like on the one I saw in the Hearth & Patio catalog!
 
I know, I know...the birds don't care - but I do. 
 
And with that - I look out the window at my office to see a dark cloud looming above us; threatening the awful storm the weather people have been talking about for two days. 
 
I say, "Let it come!"
 
Let it come.
 
TTFN
JMS

No comments: