Ok - so maybe it's not really a funk...
Maybe I'm just focused on other things right now.
But my poor blog is most definitely suffering. And I suffer when my blog suffers. The poor little thing. It desperately needs someone (ahem...me) to breathe some life back into it. But I just can't do it right now.
1) I'm working on collecting all the C-R-A-P in my house and separating it as follows: FreeCycle, Recycle, Throw, Keep, Yard Sale...and not necessarily in that order. So far I've managed to uncover the area rug in my living room (ugh...I need a super high powered jet pack vacuum cleaner to get all the dog hair, pieces of cracker, crushed cheerios and whatever else off of it, though) and have also located many many single socks that must have grown legs and scooched (is that a word?) themselves under said couch.
2) I'm working on getting all that C-R-A-P together for a yard sale, but a) I haven't decided on a date for said sale yet, and b) I really need an extra storage building in our back yard to get all said C-R-A-P outta the house. Did you know that one of those PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) units is like $200 a month? You gotta be kidding me! My goal is to get it all out of the house BEFORE the sale, but to do that I'll need to have extra outside storage. I'm still trying to work out the particulars of that dilemma.
3) Kiddo is spending another week (well, 4 days) in VBS at another local church. He's enjoying it; he's got friends there, too. Little Bit is too young, so she's been spending time with me.
4) Hubby's 1990 Volvo 240 Wagon (remember, I used to call it the Beast) runs and drives better than my 1993 Toyota Corolla. I LOVE my Corolla...but after driving the Wagon for the last 2 days, I think I might change my mind. Especiall because the Corolla is IN THE SHOP...AGAIN. Downside to driving the Wagon? It is without air conditioning. Ha! We've got 3 cars: 2 with working Air, 2 with working Heat and neither are the same car. Wagon = No Air / Taurus = No Heat. Hey, we've got Winter and Summer vehicles! See...there really IS a bright side to everything!
5) I've got ideas for cards and stuff running around in my head like toddlers chasing each other for a coveted toy. Problem? When the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I going to find time to do all the stuff I want to do?
6) I want a REAL craft room. No, strike that. I want my Sister-in-Laws adorable craft room from the house she just moved out of! That's not possible, is it? I mean, unless I want to buy her house and move to Kingsport...which isn't gonna happen.
7) I got my hair chopped off. 10 inches of it...gone to the floor-gods-of-the-salon. LOVE IT! It's the first time in ages that I've actually had a style and it's off my neck now, which - as hubby pointed out - is back-asswards from what I normally do. I cut it off in the Winter and grow it out during the Summer. My reasoning? I can pull it back into a pony tail in the summer time and it's nice and long (covering neck and ears) in the Winter. I guess I'm learning to sleep at night instead of during the day. (All parents out there will understand that analogy.)
8) It's 4 months until I visit Florida. St. Augustine. My wonderful and fantastic little sister whom I haven't seen in 9 YEARS!!! I want time to fly. Do you think it could really grow wings? Just for little ol' me?