Monday, July 06, 2009

Jen's "Catch 'em up" post...

It's a list...and it's long...so read what interests you and ignore the rest!  My days are all confused so I don't know what day I did any of this stuff!  That's what happens when I get a long weekend!
  • Happy 4th of July!
  • I spent 2 days cleaning the kids rooms.  Little Bit's room took about 4 hours, Kiddo's room took an entire day.  Not even kidding.  I've been at him for about 4 months to clean his room, and no amount of threatening seemed to get through to him, so finally I just did it myself.  He whined about "losing" his toys, but though I did go through everything I found and filled one small box of stuff for my yard sale, I didn't really throw anything away.  I went through some of Little Bit's stuff, too...so they're even now.  I even went so far as to move all the furniture around so I could scrub the hardwood floors!  My next top-to-bottom project?  The bathroom.  After that, our room.  Then, the living/dining room.  I think I'll just let the kitchen rot, because by then I'm not sure I'll have anything left in me!
  • We went to Dollywood one of those days.  It was the first time I'd ever been there!  Can you believe it?  I will have been here (don't fall over, now) 10 years in August and this was the first time I've been do Dollywood!  It was lots of fun.  The weather was perfect.  Sunny but not too hot and there was a lovely breeze.  We took a train ride, waited in a couple of very long lines, ate some great kettle korn (yum!), watched a string band show at the Back Porch Theater (Little Bit LOVED that) and drove some really neat little itty-bitty 50's automobiles.  Kiddo and Hubby's car was red, Little Bit's and my car was pale blue.  They had a great time!  We arrived at around 10AM and didn't leave until 4PM; it was a great day.
  • Saturday - I know it was Saturday because it was the 4th - we went to a neighborhood pool party.  I wasn't going to go, and initially did not go; but hubby called me shortly after they arrived and said, "You really should think about coming."  So I went.  The kids had a great time and were absolutely exhausted by the time we left.  Little Bit fell asleep in the car (it's a 5 minute ride home) and woke up enough to let me get her out of her wet bathing suit and swim diaper and into something dry and then fell asleep again and slept for nearly 3 hours!  After she woke up, we all went over to Our Favorite Mechanic's house for a BBQ!  (I had the absolute best BBQ grilled chicken I've ever tasted!)  We did some kid-friendly fireworks (as much as fireworks can be considered kid-friendly) and later, after it started to get dark, the adults set off some adult-friendly (ha!) fireworks until one went astray and smacked into the side of Our Favorite Mechanic's house!  Mrs. Mechanic said, "OK guys, that's it.  Fireworks are over now!  Pack 'em up!"  I don't blame her.  It was 10 PM by the time we got home and tucked the kids into bed.
  • I skipped church on Sunday.  (Can you believe it?  Me, skipping church?)  I spent the ENTIRE DAY cleaning Kiddo's room.  Of course, since I've already mentioned that I won't go into detail.
  • Now it's Monday again.  My Favorite Receptionist (although she's really only receptionist by title - she actually does WAY more than answer phones and greet people) is sick today so I am covering the front desk.  It's OK, though, because my boss is out today, still on vacation.  He went on a cruise to Mexico! 
Oh - and one more thing!  I guess now that the cat's out of the bag I can feel free to talk about this.  (No, I'm not pregnant - get your head right!)  Many of you know that I work for Brink's Home Security.  Last year, Brink's broke off from their parent company, Brink's, Inc. to become an independent, publicly traded company, Brink's Home Security Holdings, Inc.  Part of our break off agreement was the knowledge that Brink's Home Security would have to rebrand; change our name.  As of Tuesday last week, Brink's Home Security is now Broadview Security.  It's a very exciting time for us and we hope that all of our existing Brink's Home Security customers will be just as pleased, if not more pleased, with Broadview Security.  Keep your eyes open for the commercials regarding the new name to hit the airwaves (TV and Radio) today, July 6th. 
 
TTFN
JMS

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Wow.

I did not know that you worked for Brink's, but congrats on the successful spin off.

Glad to see that you survived the weekend intact.

Kendra Zvonik said...

Sounds like you had a very busy but really fun 4th of July weekend! I like your nicknames for your kids- cute!